Saturday, September 24, 2011

Girly Baby Shower: Candy Buffet, Dolies and Tissue Paper Flowers



I finally organized the long-awaited shower for my little goddaughter! Our theme was "sweet" with super-girly decor and a candy buffet. I used glass jars, milk jugs and bowls to display the candy. The little sugar tongs were a nice (and sanitary!) touch.


I taped multiple doilies together (on the underside) in varying sizes to make runners for the candy buffet. I also cut small doilies in half and quarters to embellish the brown paper candy bags. I think they might be my favorite touch! The saltwater taffy, gourmet mini lollypops and cotton candy were some of the biggest hits.


I made the doily bunting with large and small doilies and craft string. I used two sizes, folding some in half (and gluing with stick glue) and leaving some round (either tape onto string or sandwich 2 doilies and glue) in a random pattern. I left about 4-8" between each. 


The tissue paper flowers were made from a Martha tutorial. Rather than floral wire I used white twist ties. For the bunting, you just cut down the tissue paper into quarters and tie them onto string before fluffing them out.


Here are our guests of honor; Mama and Little A, and the basket of goodies I made as the gift. I can't wait to show you what's in that basket, but this post is getting a little long!


Little one enjoying her teething ring. Babies LOVE these! They're my favorite shop item. I think...


My little Peanut and I. What a darling. I'm so lucky to be her godmama!

1 comment:

  1. Oh!! Sooo cute!! I love girls baby shower!! I have a little girl and I make a lot of things for her.
    Candy buffet: yummy!!!!

    I'm from swap bot, my username:Anabella194.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...