Saturday, December 11, 2010

Making Class Gifts: Part 1


Daniel and I are working on a little craft for his school buddies this weekend. I wanted to make something simple and fun that Daniel could actually help with, so we decided on rainbow crayons. He helped me peel off the paper labels and break up the crayons.


I found a silicone ice cube tray at Ikea for $2 and we made cute little hearts! Keep in mind the ice cube trays aren't actually crayon molds and all the packaging encourages you to use only water in them, but it worked great for us!

We preheated the oven to 250 F, broke the crayons up into little pieces, arranged them in the molds and popped them in until they were just melted. Make sure you are patient and let them cool ALL the way. I got a little excited and had to redo one.



This last little guy is my favorite :) Part two will follow soon with the finished product!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love this idea!! I feel like Daniel should make sweet crayons for his grown up friends too! Lol!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...